Dogs, similar to humans, experience stress, fear and anxiety. Although this is a normal reaction to unfamiliar surroundings or load noises, this can be an unpleasant experience for your dog, and you as owner. Dog anxiety affects all breeds, but each individual dog reacts differently. Stress, fear and anxiety are normal and dogs experience these emotions from time-to-time, but if frequent and high levels of anxiety is left unchecked, your dog may simply become overwhelmed, develop an anxiety disorder or lead to unwanted, destructive or even aggressive behaviour.
Dog Anxiety: Two Main Causes
- Fear-related anxiety. This can be caused by loud noises, such as fireworks or thunderstorms, unfamiliar people or animals, visual stimuli like hats or umbrellas, or strange environments such as vet visits or car rides. Some dogs may overcome the fear quickly and settle without much intervention, but anxious dogs could feel the effect of a stressful situation for days afters.
- Separation anxiety. Dogs are social beings and miss being separated from their favourite humans. Dogs with separation anxiety are unable to find comfort when they are left alone. This anxiety presents itself in undesirable behaviours, such as marking in the house, being destructive by destroying furniture and furnishings, or constant barking.
Dog Anxiety: Symptoms
There are several symptoms to look out for to determine if your dog might be suffering from anxiety, these include:
- Destructive behaviour
- Excessive barking
- Repetitive or compulsive behaviors
Dog Anxiety: Non-Invasive Treatment
There are a number of remedies and medicines available to treat anxiety disorders in dogs. New on the market, is the RelaxoPet PRO Dog Animal relaxation trainer: a non-invasive treatment option which has been specifically developed in close collaboration with veterinarians, breeders and pet owners and is also a German “Shark Tank” reality TV series winner. Special sound frequencies, tailored to the sensitive hearing of dogs, aid deep relaxation, assist dogs to manage stress factors in their environment and prevent dogs from simply becoming overwhelmed.
RelaxoPet PRO Dog Animal Relaxation Trainer vs. Other Calming Remedies
A wide variety of stressful situations, such as thunderstorm, changing surroundings, fireworks, etc are finally a thing of the past. A powerful lithium battery makes the device completely portable and can be used at home, when travelling or walking your reactive dog – recharge the device via USB cable.
Device Range: Up to 5m indoors, 3m outdoors
RelaxoPet PRO Dog Animal Relaxation trainers are practical, wireless, and can be used in a wide variety of situations to manage your pet’s stress and anxiety as well as unwanted behavioural problems.
Where can the RelaxoPet PRO DOG Animal Relaxation Trainer be used?
• At home
• Veterinary waiting rooms
• Veterinary surgical recovery areas
• Dog training facilities
• Boarding / Day Care Facilities
• In Vehicles, while transporting dogs
• Walking a fearful or reactive dog
• Device Range: Up to 5m indoors, 3m outdoors
RelaxoPet PRO DOG: Key Features
• NOISE-MOTION sensor: The new Noise-Motion System detects stressors in your pet’s environment and switches on automatically if necessary.
• PRO timer (4h / continuous operation)
• Visual display panel
• Relaxation through frequent sound and vibration waves
• Ideal for thunderstorms, fireworks, aggression, being alone and when traveling
• Volume adjustable
• Audible and inaudible sounds playable – The RelaxoPet Pro can be used with an audible to human volume or inaudible where only the pet hears and feels the vibrations.
• Lithium battery for charging – no annoying cable
• Range up to 5 m Indoors | 3 m outdoors
• German Innovation and German “Shark Tank” reality TV series winner
Applications Areas: RelaxoPet PRO DOG Animal Relaxation Trainer
The RelaxoPet PRO DOG Animal Relaxation Trainer assist dogs and owners worldwide to mange stressful situations, associated with:
- Fireworks | Thunderstorm
- Separation Anxiety
- Training Stress
- General Reassurance
- Change of Ownership
- Destructive Behaviour
- Panic Situations
- Lack of Social Behaviour
- Marking Behaviour
- Vet Visits
- Travel Anxiety
- Constant Barking
- Environmental Changes
- Obsessive-compulsive Disorder
- Remaining calm in show Environments
• A period of acclimatization is required before using the device during stressful situations, read the RelaxoPet PRO_DOG_Manual guidance
• Never start the device during a stressful situation for your pet – with the exception to fireworks and thunderstorms
• Always read the manual before use to ensure correct application.
• The RelaxoPet PRO with its specially developed audible sound carriers, can also trigger a calming and deep-relaxation state in humans
• It is recommended to activate the device before a stressful event, when possible – for instance before receiving visitors, when thunderstorms are predicted or when expecting a firework display.
• The device should not be used more than maximum 8 hours a day.
• Device should not be used close to water, and should be protected from moisture and extreme temperatures
• RelaxoPet is not a substitute for animal-friendly education or the keeping of pets in undesired conditions
• 5V DC, 600mA
• Loudspeaker: 4 Ohm,3W
• Read more about the science behind the RelaxoPet Pro here
The RelaxoPet Bag is available as an additional accessory, sold separately.
What is in the box:
1 x RelaxoPet PRO Dog Animal Relaxation Trainer
1 x USB Charging Cable
1 x User Manual
How Does RelaxoPet PRO Work?
Where to Buy:
RelaxoPet PRO Dog Animal Relaxation Trainer Devices are available through leading pet stores, vet shops and Takealot.com