Puppies and adult dogs have a natural fondness for enclosed sleeping places – think of how often your dogs will sleep under a coffee table, against a wall or behind a couch.
In the wild, they would seek out a safe den to sleep and could be in the form of a cave or any other shelter that would keep them protected and secure. That is all a dog crate is.
When crates are properly introduced and used, they can be a great aid to training and toileting, and a comfort sanctuary where your dog can retreat when feeling stressed – for instance during thunder storms.
If your dog isn’t a chewer, this collapsible canvas crate a great alternative to a metal crate, as it still provides a safe enclosure without too much metal that can be ugly.
Benefits of Dog Crates
A dog which is shoved unprepared into a crate and left for long periods of time is going to associate the crate with a horrible experience, and will be very unhappy using it.
- When crates are properly introduced, they can be a great aid to assist with training and toileting, and a comfort sanctuary when the dog is feeling stressed. A dog which is carefully introduced to a crate usually finds it a pleasant and secure place to be, so it is worth spending some time on this process.
- Once your dog is happy in the crate, he can be left to prevent soiling and chewing, when you are out for a short time.
- There is no specialized equipment needed and the easy set-up is a great benefit.
- Mesh panels will ensure that your dog will get plenty of fresh air.
- Crates that are collapsible saves space in your vehicle for longer trips and your pup will have a secure and familiar bed which can be taken in the car and on holiday when visiting relatives or friends.
Collapsible dog crates are great to have for any crate trained canine and being multipurpose, can be used as a travel crate, indoor kennel or dog bed.
See more great pet products from Cosmic Pets.