Quadex™ – High level disinfectants and sterilants.
Cosmic Pets in association with Quadex, specialise in formulating problem-specific solutions to address the needs of animal facilities such as veterinary clinics, boarding kennels, grooming parlours, breeders and pet care professionals.
What is Quadex™? Quadex™(from the word Quattro) is the active ingredient used in the range of high level disinfectants and sterilants. It is an amine/guanide derivative widely used in aqueous personal products such as eye drops, lotions and creams. These antiseptics belong to the biguanide group, which are cationic substances well known for their effective action against microbial infection.
Quadex™ is a multi-acting high level disinfectant that provides active protection against pathogenic resistance, is highly effective and kills by damaging the microbes cell membranes and de-activating their critical enzymes.
In the applicable situation 99+ % the following pathogens are killed: Bacteria, viruses, fungi, algae, spores, dust mites.
Benefits of the Quadex™ range:
- Products are environmentally safe and biodegradable.
- Non-toxic, does not stain or discolour, and it is non-corrosive.
- Unique 30-day anti-microbial activity.
- Broad-spectrum killing the toughest microbes.
- Consumer friendly and safe to use.
Why use Quadex™?
- It is formulated by blending specific active ingredients together with a mix of ‘inerts’ that permit Quadex™ a greater level of stability than other products on the market today.
- Kills not only standard bacteria but viral, mycoplasmal, chlamydial and fungal organisms as well.
- Kills all broad-spectrum microbestrum: gram positive and negative bacteria, viruses, fungus, mould, mildew, algae, spores and dust mites.
- Does not contain glutaraldehyde, o-phenylphenol or solutions that produce chlorine dioxide.
- Provides previously unheard of residual effects on hard surfaces and has a totally benign toxicological profile.
- The Quadex™ range is environmentally friendly. Most chemical disinfectants available contain toxic and unsafe aldehydes and phenols, these chemicals – that kill microbes – are dangerous, and can be fatal to humans and animals.
What is high, medium and low level disinfection?
- High-level: Rrefers to sterilization activities in which all microbial life, including spores and viruses are destroyed. High-level disinfection is reserved for special applications such as disinfection of surgical equipment and medical devices.
- Medium-level: Usually refers to elimination of tuberculosis-causing microorganisms as well as the destruction of the more resistant types of viruses – it is not effective against spores.
- Low-level: The destruction of bacteria in their natural state, not effective against spores or viruses which do not have an outer protein membranes in their structure.
NOTE: A cleaner does not disinfect, and a disinfectant does not clean. Always thoroughly clean before disinfecting – an unclean surface cannot be disinfected.