The Best Dog Crates and Indoor Kennels
Portable, soft crates can also be used as an indoor dog bed.
Puppies and adult dogs have a natural liking for enclosed sleeping places – think of how often your dogs will sleep under a table, against a wall or behind a couch.
In the wild, they would seek out a safe den to sleep and rest up. These dens could be in a cave or any other shelter that would keep them safe and secure. That is all a crate is.
When crates are properly introduced and used, they can be a fantastic aid to training and toileting, and a comfort sanctuary when the dog is feeling stressed for instance during thunder storms.
If your dog isn’t a chewer, this collapsible canvas crate a great alternative to a metal crate, as it still provides a safe enclosure without too much metal that can be unattractive.
Benefits of Dog Crates
A dog which is shoved unprepared into a crate and left is going to associate the crate with an unpleasant experience, and be very unhappy about using them in the future.
- When crates are properly introduced and used, they can be a fantastic aid to training and toileting, and a comfort sanctuary when the dog is feeling stressed. A dog which is carefully introduced to a crate usually finds it a pleasant and secure place to be, so it is worth spending some time on this process.
- Once your dog is happy in the crate, he can be left there to prevent soiling and chewing, when you are out for a short time.
- Mesh panels will ensure that your dog will get plenty of fresh air.
- There is no specialised equipment needed and the easy set-up is a great benefit.
- Crates that are collapsible also saves space in your vehicle for longer trips. He will have a secure familiar bed which can be taken in the car and on holiday or a secure place to stay when visiting relatives of friends.
Collapsible dog crates are a great to have for any crate trained canine
Choosing The Right Size Dog Crate
When choosing a crate, consider your dog’s size – it should be a fairly snug fit but not too tight. If your canine has room to stand up and turn around comfortably, but not enough to use half of his home as a bathroom, then it is big enough.
With smaller dogs carrying handles can be very convenient if you want to move the bed to another room or pick it up to take them to the dog park or vet.
If your dog is not a chewer, a canvas crate is a great solution! With sizes to fit all dogs, you’re sure to be able to find a dog crate to fit your needs.
These crates are the ones used by many welfare organisations and top show people.
Where To Buy a Dog Crate
Cosmic Pets is a wholesale distribution pet accessories company and exclusively supply pet shops, vet clinics and pet care professionals such as groomers, pet sitters, boarding kennels and breeders in Johannesburg.
Our range of portable pet carriers are available through our extensive national partner network across South Africa, ensuring that you get the best service and advice on selecting the proper size collapsible crate for your pet.
Join the Cosmic Pets Partner Network, become a stockist today!